Monday, June 20, 2011
Glorious Spring! Stitching Update and Kitting up Flutter on By
Glorious Spring! is a little more than halfway complete and I'm still enjoying these dancing images. It is hard to get a photo that doesn't wash the teal green fabric out just a bit, but I am glad I chose this color, it gives it the dark forest background I was after.
I've also got everything ready to begin stitching Flutter on By. I've got Sanctuary ready to go as well but will probably do FoB next because of its bright colors. I think I may need them! Next week I'm having some rather extensive surgery that is going to put my foot in a cast and me on crutches for at least 6 weeks.
I'm looking at it as an opportunity to stitch :) and want something especially cheerful to work on and I think this is going to be just that.
I'll be using Zweigart 18 count aida in Beige, though it looks more like it should be called light yellow instead of the tan shades that the name beige suggests.
The floss is almost entirely HDF, Hand-Dyed Fibers silk floss and is as follows -
Green border - Jadeite #2467
Butterflies - Chrysocolla #2253
Bleeding Hearts - Perfect Red #6207
Poppies - Zinnia #4237
Darker green in leaves - Isle Green #3213
Lighter green in leaves, frogs & spots on turtle - Wrasse Green #3315
Turtle and stems on Bleeding Hearts - Bird Feathers #4107
Yellow dots on butterfly and frog background, and strawberry seeds - Ochre #4403
And lastly I'll be using Soie d'Alger #2646 for the strawberries, because I have a good bit on hand. If I were going with an HDF for them it would be a little darker of the Perfect Red line.