Tuesday, December 6, 2022

New Series, Proverbial Sampler #1

I really wasn't expecting to have another pattern done before the year was out, but happily I can post what I hope to be the first in a series of old fashioned samplers featuring biblical proverbs. How often in a rather challenging year have I found comfort and encouragement in the wise sayings of David and King Solomon and I'm hoping to share them so others can find the light in what has become a very dark time for our world. Hope you will enjoy Proverbial Sampler #1 - the pattern can be found through Everything Cross Stitch and as soon as the new page is up for it at Creative Poppy I'll post a link. And one of the sorrows we had in June was losing our almost 9 year old Chessie, Jasper. His illness was sudden, dramatic and sadly fatal. We had no intention of getting another pup until next Spring but through sheer Providence I looked at the area sales newspaper online the next day and to my complete amazement there was an ad for a puppy that is a breed we've tried to own for decades but could not find in our part of the country. So meet, Grady, a Boykin Spaniel and if you go to you tube and search for Boykin Spaniel 101 you'll find what an interesting breed history they have.
We'll always miss our Jasper, but Grady is definitely helping to heal the hole Jasper left in our hearts. Here is Grady now almost 8 months old. He is getting homemade food and loves to 'help' Dad as he puts his 'puploaf' together.